Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Last Few Pages of My 2010 Album!

I am so excited to finish off this album!  My favorite time of the year is without a doubt Christmas!  That's probably why I scrapbook so many Christmas events every year!  This first one is my husband's family Christmas party, I free-handed the trees and cut them out in layers to give it a 3 dimensional look.


This next one is a Christmas Eve layout, we have a great tradition of getting the kids all dressed up in their Christmas Jammies and putting out cookies for Santa.  This year I was also allowed to open my present early since it was a new camera and Russ wanted me to be able to use it the next day!


This layout was all about Christmas morning here at our house!  My favorite time of the entire year is when the kids come out and see their Santa gifts!  Their excitement is infectious and we all have a fantastic time together.  I tried to limit the journaling on this one because the pictures are so cute!


My last layout of the album was this very simple, elegant page I did about Christmas with my family on Christmas Day.  I actually did not do any journaling on this one (which is hard for me to do!) because I didn't want to disrupt the simplistic look of this page, I really love how it came out!


One way to create interest in your pages when you are using similar themes is to use different color schemes! 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas pages. I am so glad you have joined us over at Let's Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to finish off your album! Isn't it a good feeling to have a full year in an album? I've followed over from Let's Scrap, too. Come visit at my blog... http://jennslayoutkits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete